About BAS

Ballarat Associated Schools Inc. was officially registered in February 2004.

BAS was the result of a name change to Ballarat Schools' Sports Council Inc. which was established in 1991 to act as the governing body to the former boys, girls and co-ed associations of BPSA (Ballarat Public Schools Association), BSSA (Ballarat Schoolgirls Sports Association), and CHISSA (Central Highlands Independent Schools Sports Association).

BPSA began in 1912. BSGSA (Ballarat Secondary Girls Sport Association) began in 1911, BGSA (Ballarat Girls Schools Association) in 1960 and then BSSA in 1977. CHISSA was established in 1980 and BAS in 2003.